7/31/08

About me leaving



Yes, I'm leaving.


It may be a thing unexpected for many people, but they've known that I've always wanted to go out there and some knew how much I was eager to move to the opposite side of this globe. This is my path chosen and prepared, so I shall go. In fact, I can't wait to go :)

I'll probably be leaving on August 26th, evening plane. But anyways I will come to school until the 25th since my parents insisted on me so. And as there is no direct flight available from Kuching to Washington, I'll be stopping over in KL or Singapore(as far as I know, KCH-KL-Chicago-Washington is the route that MAS provides) and so it's gonna be a long trip.

Now all the teachers know about me going and almost everyone in year 11. Well I think they know.. I just told Mel today during BM and Jae Jung somehow knew it already even before I told people, so Dennis and James knows too... I'm so sorry to leave so abruptly and suddenly, but in fact it has all been planned since like 4 months ago. But to see the optimistic side, I don't have to take the IGCSE exams anymore!

And that depresses at the same time, 'cause the IGCSE was what I've been working for from last year.. and now when all the other people are doing the revisions and stuff, I feel kinda funny 'cause I know I won't take the Exams nor even the trials! So why study, or come to school for? Well I feel a bit wasted and all the teachers agreed.

And some people already posted about me leaving!(and I still have a whole month till departure!)

Audrey's comment (actually this has been posted like, 2 months ago)
Anas' comment (...yeah.)

And Ying wrote me sth like a profile and asked me to write one, too. Laura is telling me that she likes 'crazy sis(me!)' -tho I'm not sure whether this is relevant to my departure- and the Korean guys in my class said good luck! And all the reat of the ppl wished me good luck, too. The only thing is that I'm hearing too much of "So you're not taking IGCSEs???" which is exactly. the. same. reactions. from. everyone.

Well it's true that I'm kinda sad to leave my friends here.. but anyways it's for my 0wn good, right? So I'm going all positive and try to achieve my dreams(as told by Vincent today with an experiment) in America where all the people who dream of American Dreams end up in. It's a new path open for me, so why hesitate??

And oh don't worry. I'll be back in Kuching during the summer hols. Probably. So if you are staying here for A-levels and stuff, you can still see me next year :)

So, Ciao!(for now)

p.s. 1:

I'm seriously running out of books to read. I'm trying to concentrate on 'Emma', but it's a bit boring compared to Emily Bronte's other fictions since all it talks about is matchmaking and romance. Not that I don't like romances, I enjoy them! But not on the classics, please. And I found this book called 'The Widow of OZ' in a second-hand book store in Ampang Point, KL, last week and I'd love to read it but they don't have it in Kuching. Plus, Murakami Haruhi is an interesting author. I loved his books such as 'Elephant Vanishes' and 'Dance Dance Dance'. They were just fantabulous.

p.s. 2:

Everyone watched the Batman movie and are kind of excited about Joker. My brother's a fan of the animated series on Cartoon Network so I think I'm gonna go watch it with my brother before I leave :)

Joker is a freak. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment